Tuesday 7 May 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation | Review


Hi Guys! I have read so many good reviews on this foundation so I thought I would give it a go.

So Rimmel say -
"Wake Up & Glow! Rimmel’s first liquid foundation that instantly re-awakens skin with a healthy, radiant glow. Light, moisturising texture applies smoothly and leaves skin feeling soft and comfortable all day. Gives an instant flawless, natural-looking finish, visible anti-fatigue effect with peptides and a Vitamin Moisturising complex"


 I have read a lot of bloggers saying that it makes you look like a glitterball which worried me a bit as I hate shimmery foundations. When I tried this on my skin I was pleasantly surprised I didn't notice a shimmer on my skin at all and I looked at it in day light and under my bathroom light and I had no noticeable glitterball effect on my skin.

This is a very natural looking foundation.  I would say it has a medium coverage, it’s very light and creamy in texture and goes onto the skin very smoothly. Rimmel have done very well with the packaging – it’s in a glass bottle (I hate plastic bottles!) which makes it feel more expensive than it is - and it has a pump! Well done Rimmel! When applying this for a medium coverage I used two pumps of foundation and I applied it with my beauty blender. It left me with a dewy (not too dewy) healthy complexion.



 I am really impressed with this foundation considering it retails at £8.99 but is often on offer in Boots (I picked this up whilst it was on 3 for 2).

The only downside to this foundation is that there isn't a huge range in colours. There are 6 shades all medium/fair so if you have a very light or very dark skin tone you may struggle to find a match!

Me Wearing Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


Also for anyone who suffers with dry skin like me, this didn't cling to any of my dry patches and actually felt very moisturising.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment