Wednesday 19 June 2013

Beauty Blender VS precision blending sponge

Hello you Beauties! I have recently been using both the beauty blender and the precision blending sponge so that I could do a review on them both. When the original Beauty blender came out I remember seeing them pop up on every blog, I never purchased one as I thought "Why spend £16.00 on a sponge", but when I received it in my April Birch Box I was so excited to try it and see what the hype was all about! My friend then bought me another version of the blender which is called the Precision blending sponge I think she got it from TKMAXX but the only place I can find them is on Amazon where they are $9.99.  



Beauty Blender (BB) Vs Precision Blending Sponge (PBS)
So the first thing I noticed was the BB expanded in water much more than the PBS and the  PBS felt a lot more dense than the BB. I personally prefer the shape of the PBS. When using both sponges I use the large bottom area to apply my foundation and the pointed end to apply my concealer. 




Overall I definitely thought the Beauty Blender applied my make-up a lot more smoothly and streak free. Although the Precision blending sponge I feel does apply the foundation nicely and is definitely a good alternative if you cannot afford to splash out £16.00 on the beauty blender. 



I now understand why there was such a massive hype about the Beauty blender I think it is a genius make-up tool. I alternate between my Real techniques buffing brush and my beauty blender. If I had never of got the beauty blender in my Birchbox I don't think I would have purchased it because of the price and therefore if i didn't get the beauty blender I would have used the precision sponge as it is still a very good alternative. Also If you have tried the cosmopolitan sponge and like me didn't like it, don't let it put you off  as although they look the same this precision sponge is much better! 






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment